Valkryieforums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valkryieforums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legacy of the Grand Star: The Beginning

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

The Legacy of the Grand Star: The Beginning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legacy of the Grand Star: The Beginning   The Legacy of the Grand Star: The Beginning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:14 am

Lost Chapter 3: In a World of Fairy Tales

i found myself in a wood somewhere. wasnt sure exactly where i was. all i knew was that i was in the Three Bears and Goldilocks Story, one of the stories in the Mother Goose book that Maria picked to read. i wondered through the woods searching for any evidence that could help point me to my baby sis. then, a breakthough...

Nall: "what the hell happened here..." *he says in surprise looking at the burned and broken trees and large craters in the ground* "its like a small war happened here."

everywhere in the area seemed as if it was bombed to kingdom come. but what caught my attention were the tiny footprints which led away from the area. after examining them i learned that these footprints belonged to Maria. she must've fled the scene when some troubled arrived.

Nall: "if those bookwyrms were after her, then i'd better hurry."

just before i could leave, the pieces of those monsters regathered to respawn back into bookwyrms that were destroyed in the previous carnage. i didnt want them to follow me, so i made quick work of them, killing them once more using my Narrator's Grimoire and Sword. i made sure that those damn things never returned back as their remains were sucked into the grimoire and disappeared into oblivion. afterwards, i pressed on to resume my journey to find Maria. her footprints had disappeared as it ended where the thick grass began while i went further deep into the woods. i came upon a house that stood isolated from any civilization. i wondered if sis had been or was still here. from the looks of it, judging by the what the shade of the trees saw, she has indeed came here and even went inside. but later, she dashed out of there along w/ another girl when three bears arrived to the house. i wasnt sure that talking to a family of bears was a good idea, but i had no time to hesitate. i went to the door and knocked. after three knocks, the door opened and a large bear and his wife appeared. i little nervous but kept my posture, i asked them.

Nall: "hi, my name is Nall. im looking for my little sister and followed her trail in this direction. have any of you seen a little girl about this big,..." *measures his hand from the ground to judge size* "has cinnamon brown hair like mine, and green eyes?"

Father Bear: "nope we havent seen any little girl around here."

Mother Bear: "we honestly never seen any human come through these parts of the woods."

Father Bear: "much less any woodsman. there's been alot of bad air in these woods lately that no human ever came near here"

Nall: "bad air?"

Mother Bear: "oh dear yes. there has been monsters popping out of nowhere all over the land. especially in these woods."

Father Bear: "you came from the west woods right?"

Nall: "thats where i entered yeah."

Father Bear: "yeah that part of the woods is tainted w/ bad air. we call it the Gloom. it makes all places it covers turn dark and gloomy. anything in it for too long becomes rather poisoned and..."

Mother Bear: "and just plain awful. flowers, berries, apples, all of it. they're all poisoned. you should'nt go back there."

Nall: "i hope i wont have too. but thanks for telling me and for your help." *turns back and starts on his way*

as i began to leave i noticed a rope made entirely out of blankets that was hanging from a bedroom window to the base of the house nearly touching the ground. trailing from that very spot were a pair of tacks which were the footprints of two people. judging by the size of the prints, there must've belonged to a couple of kids w/ one of them having the same small foot size as Maria. i decided to follow the trail of footprints hoping that it might lead me to my little sister. if the prints belong to her, then she must be traveling w/ someone. i came to a long bridge that crosses a large chasm. this is where the footprints led me as they seem to stop at the start of the bridge. so whoever got here mustve crossed. i proceeded forward. as i crossed, i've noticed that there was a dark blueish gray fog that covered much of the land from the opposite side of the bridge. it was the very same bad air that was in the area where 1st entered this book.

Nall: "this must be the Gloom that those bears were talking about..." *he said to myself as he pressed on w/o hesitation but determined to continue his journey to find his sister.* "i better be prepared for whatever this Gloom has in store for me. please let my baby sis be ok..."

i entered the dark atmosphere of the Gloom after i've reached the end of the bridge and continued to follow the footprints which led me further and further deep into the thick foggy forest. the more i went in, the more difficult it was for me to keep sight of the footprints. before i knew it, i was beginning to lose my way in the Gloom. the foot prints had vanished.

Nall: "im gonna have to use my Shadow Sense if i every hope to see the ground beneath me to find those prints again." *he says as he uses his Shadow Sense and everything in his vision became monochrome in color yet the reversed value in shade.*

when using my Shadow Sense, i could see the darkness as clear as day as the value of shade is reversed, giving everything a monochrome opposite color. any smoke, fog, dust or cloudy substance in the atmosphere would either appear transparent or completely invisible. plus, i could see the footprints as they appeared to be trailing northeast of the gloomy forest. but as i continued to follow it, it led me to another destroyed area. much like the beginning area where i 1st appeared into this world, this place was a mess as it looked like a battle was fought and yet briefly ended.

Nall: "could sis really have done this much damage?" *he muttered to himself quietly.*

then, i picked up w/ my Shadow Sense the shadow of a girl running across from my direction. i turned to look. she seemed to be close to my age as she appeared to be a teenager or young adult and was wearing a blue and white dress.

(under construction...)
Back to top Go down

The Legacy of the Grand Star: The Beginning
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2