Valkryieforums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valkryieforums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

monser hunter 3

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
sara caster

sara caster

monser hunter 3 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 6:01 pm

senas boyfriend darren
is getting his wisdom teeth YANKED out
simpathy plz
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:03 pm

feel sorry for him b/c i was there just recently. hopefully the dentist will numb the area around his teeth before yanking it out or sedate him and numb him. all they did w/ me was numb and pulled it out.
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 9:13 pm

i hope so to but it does mean sena cant kiss him for a week

best way to get lagia horns?
i have 1 need 4 more
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 am

destroy its horns to get a 20% chance of getting them as a reward. so focus on smashing at them.

Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 1:49 am

so i lookd on the internet

get 5 pieces of armor with 2 sockets
5 grinder shards 5 perception shards and bam ur good to capture
10% chance for horns normal kill mission
maybe theres a reward mission where u need to break horns (god i hope its not capture it cus u cant see shit in FF (flooded forest)
5% chance from carve
20% from capture
with shards it increases to
carve 10%
kill 20%
capture 40%
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 9:20 pm

>_< i keep killing monsters that im suppose to catch! im after Lagia's horns and thought it'd be easier to get them by capturing. i over did it as i got "sword-happy" w/ my long sword.
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:56 pm

well if u see a blink on the map where the monster ur getting is
that means its ready to be captured
if the horns of lagia arnt broken YET
only attk the head 5 more times then capture it otherwise u will kill it

i made a male chr (grim)
im at barroth with a green sharpness hammer
and first fight against qurupeco
first fight
2 flint stones 2 strange beaks 3 feathers 0 scales
flintstones were NOT broken
beak was NOT broken
-.-
and on my female chr it took forever and on my male it took the very first time
now i just need to get scales
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:52 pm

i think it all depends on the probability of the items and breaking those certain parts of the monster would only improve the odds of which item will be likely to be rewarded/carved/dropped.
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:02 pm

horns have a seriously low chance to be carved no matter what the wiki says the horns carved are less then 1%

never dropd

only rewarded and it best to have capture guru

and how is it with the long sword i have seen tons of ppl useing the spirit atk and when i do it it only atks once then goes back to the sheath
i have spamd that button and it never finishes evn when the spirit atk is at max it never atks more then once
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

true, the wiki isnt that accurate w/ information, but it beats not having a strategy guide in handy. the horns are just as rare as the Jumbo Pearl, just trial and error to get. i got one horn so far, so things are looking up for me (trying not to kill Lagia this time -_-)

i used the spirit attack multiple times to string attacks into a combo till my sword started glowing. im still new to this myself, so im experimenting on it to see exactly now to use it more.
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:16 pm

ok. it works by chaining a combo together using the spirit attack to link your combos together.
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:54 pm

on the remotechuk not the wireless toy car controler
i want to do a final strike where the chr yells out and it also deals the most damage

i need to get online so i can kill jhen for the elder blood
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:24 pm

warning: you are NOT ready for Jhen! its too strong. i fought it but i died too many times from its heavy-hitting attacks. you're going to need more than just strong armor and weapons. this is where you need to work w/ other players to win. you only have 30 minutes to kill Jhen. this employs to use the ship's weapons to deal the most damage and also the Anti-Dragon bomb. but this requires teamwork to do.

the final strike is possible but you'll have to complete the combo in order to use it, if you can manage to do that w/o interruption (try trapping a monster before doing it)
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:51 pm

well where are u in the online area so i can meet u and i can get caught up to u
so we can get jhen

i basicly just want the blood so i can make that long sword to kill ceadeus faster
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:30 am

let me know when you're ready to play online. ill tell you which server and city ill be in. and if we can get anyone else to help that would be great too (up to 4 players maximum per quest). im still a more of a novice in fighting Jhen but i know that it will get very close to the ship enough to jump on him. thats the time to hit him w/ heavy hitting weapons like a hammer, greatsword etc. when its too far away, use the cannons. you can also look up the playthrough on youtube to get a general idea of how to fight Jhen.
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:01 am

ill be in Open Server> Valor1> Gate 2 or Gate 3. look for the city that says "In for a Long Haul." there may be others w/ that title. so check them and look for my name "nall." let me know when you're ready so i can be there to wait for you.
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:25 am

well i got online last night after playing around with the wii
he has good info about his chr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTMfi3uhyhQ&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
when do i get the mats+ and carbiteore so i can make the pot hammer
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:09 am

pot hammer? well idk but if it feels like you cant get those mats offline they probably in any of the quests online. again, idk.

anyway. getting your HR is best in order to do some of the quests that require a certain HR. also, while fighting Jhen, there's not need to mine on his back. you'll get mostly the Palegicite Ore and some other items that can be in the Flooded Forest. so just continue attacking its back at the time there's a chance to jump on him.

oh, and dont let Jhen attack the ship too much. it can be destroyed if it takes too many hits from Jhen.
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 am

how do i chat online?
someone was talking to me and i was trying to talk back to him. he got mad and blacklisted me cus i didnt kno how to say "hi" to him

and im very low on pelein ores (i call it that)
but the pot hammer is iron striker
the long hammer nbeed carbalite ore and i think it is it FF
but i need to get new batteries because 6 brand new ones just dissapeard
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 am

press the menu button twice to open the chat. some player have faster ways to chat (idk how that works.) and dont sweat it w/ whoever mistaken your silence for ignorance. not everyone's a pro to begin w/. b/c i got blacklisted for taking to long w/ chatting.

im going to play online for a bit.
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 10:37 am

k getting money and then batteries
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:39 am

why not get rechargeable batteries? they certainly beat constantly going to the store buying disposable ones and they last for longer.
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 11:58 am

cus i dont have a charger for those
and i cant find u online
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:02 pm

oh you're on now?
Back to top Go down
sara caster

sara caster

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 12:04 pm

im on and doing jaggia missions

when do i get the + items?

XD machalite ore in the dung pile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: monser hunter 3   monser hunter 3 - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

monser hunter 3
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next