Valkryieforums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valkryieforums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Call of the Wayward Soul

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aeo

Aeo

Call of the Wayward Soul Empty
PostSubject: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 12:05 am

Rules post:

Ok, so this particular thread will be a mixture of Traditional RP (D&D, Pathfinder, Etc.)  and What we are used to in freeform.  So in this post I will cover the basics of the rule system I've made for this world and generally why these rules are in place.

1.  Leveling system.  So there will be a Leveling system in this game.  It is simply based on words you've used in the RP itself.  1000 words to go from 1 to 2 and double the amount of words to reach the next and so on.  for example.  Reaching level 2 is 1000, 3 is 2000, 4 is 4000, 5 is 8000 Etc.  Easy way to keep track of how far you are from the next level is to use word or look up a word counting site and plug your post in. Also don't be overly descriptive on small points.  The goal of this system isn't to become as powerful as possible as fast as possible but to provide a sense of character advancement and development to the series.  For you to start off weaker and gain strength through your adventures.

2.  2 paragraph requirement per post.  I feel this should be very easy.  As a reference each paragraph is about 5 sentences give or take.

3. Stats.  5 stats in the game.  Agility affects ability with ranged weapons and dodge capabilities.  Defense controls your physical fortitude and HP as well as blocking.  Attack is.  well.  General attacking ability.  Strength is your ability with Melee weapons.  Wisdom is your magical energy. 10 points to allocate to various fields at 1st level.  Each level up grants 5 points to spend. at least 1 point to each stat

Now why the stats Aeo?  Simple.  This is a measure of what your character is good at.  And an actual defining tool.  It is a way to help maintain a roleplay style.  A meaty armored dude won't have magical dodges.  Outside of magic itself he will still be human.  So if you have a crappy agility and your guy performs a feat of great acrobatics you will get called out on the BS that was that post.

4. PVP so generally in the game itself you will not have too much of a restriction.  Player versus player combat with the intent to kill however will be allowed,  but with a much more traditional aspect.  There will be things like movement speeds, rounds, attack damage, etc.  the whole shebang.  Though I still highly recommend not killing someones character without their permission.  Das fucked up bro.  But allowed.  Any nonlethal/sparring fight can be played out as normal

4.  MP.  This game includes magic and depending on the spell type, intensity, and ability it will cost more or less MP  A good example is a basic fire attack.  Fire dart would do very light damage over time.  in pvp that would translate to 1 point of HP per round.  fire bolt would do 2  Bire blast would have an aoe and do 3  and so on.  With the mp costs of this being higher as you go up.

however, you can lower the costs of MP by forcing the spell to be only applicable through an item.  Rather than casting a firebolt.  Making your sword flaming could potentially lower the MP cost greatly.  though that concept applies primarily to weapons.

clothing or jewelry could also hold MP for a specific spell.  Allowing you to say.  use a shield to protect yourself when you are already low on MP  The idea of this is practically ripped from eragon.  you spend your energy from that particular day to fill up the item.  It holds it until used.  though for that day you have less MP.

for mp scales.  you start with 6 point of MP at 1.  each level grants two MP  each point in wisdom grants 1 point of MP

5.  5 person limit.  I will be watching to make sure the rules are followed.  I'm not going to keep track of 20 characters doing different things.  If it ends up only bein two people in this thread we can probably add characters but otherwise its first come first serve on who wants to be here.

for those concerned.  The rules alone are over 700 words.  It's not that difficult to hit that mark

Character sheet will be in Char Data and first post coming soon!

Last edited by Aeo on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aeo

Aeo

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 1:17 am

Aeo walked through the streets of Tolmes, sniffing the fresh air, the scent of the briney sea wafting from the docks.  He smiled faintly to himself.  Running his hand though his silky windblown, coal black hair he chuckled and began proceeding through the town.  He wandered amongst the harbour, watching the townsfolk proceed about their business as they, unsurprisingly did the same.  This wasn't a small port by any means but he was notably not of this area.  His style of dress distinctly Western comparatively to the rest of the townfolk.  It wasn't surprising he drew a few eyes with his distinctly more rough and tan skin.

Walking amongst the stalls he smelled the delicious local cuisine and quickly purchased himself a treat.  Proceeding to the nearest tavern, He ducked in quickly and approached the bar, seating himself he ordered an ale and began sipping at it.  Peering around he noticed a board full of messages and continuing to gulp down his ale he walked over.  Drinking and studying the board for local information as well as job, sighing in contentment as he observed.

(sorry for the short intro, kind of exhausted this evening)
Back to top Go down
CassundraX
Guardian
CassundraX

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 4:26 am

(I'm gonna stick to my usual style, with a twist)

"Finally off that cursed ship!!!" Selen sighed as she explored the port, this time leaving her beloved pets on the ship as this was a new place, Tomes. then again, everywhere was new to her. Selen began to explore the streets lined with vendors of all kinds, admiring the jewelry, arts, and food on display. Looking at some sort of glazed round meat balls on a stick Selen purchased one and started to eat while she walked, careful of any pick pockets, her 2 hidden weapons Clinton every now and then as the sun hit them.

A public inn with a diner caught her attention, usually they had good cheap food, and didn't ask too many questions of travelers, and if any of the law enforcement came in it was easier to blend in with families that were leaving. Selen made a beeline to get inside, and had to jump back to the side walk as a horse drawn wagon almost barreled into her.

Horrible owner: "watch where you walk, girl!" He sneers at her meager appearance before continuing on his way.

Selen: sticks her tongue out at the owners back. "Numbskull. I outta deck him." She stomps inside before regaining her composure and requesting a meal for one with a window seat. She patiently waits for her food by watching on the window.

_____

After eating Selen gets in line behind a man with black hair, not paying attention to a older teenage boy coming up behind her.
"oi! Move it girl!  Some if us have places to be! " the older teen pushes Selen forward head first into the black haired man's back.
Selen: "O_Q owe...!! I'm so sorry! " Selen kept her head down as she apologized, the teen behind her still had his arms outstretched from where he had shoved her an "oh shit" look upon his face.
Back to top Go down
https://valkryieforum.forumotion.com
Aeo

Aeo

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 12:51 pm

Aeo stumbled forward from the soft impact, his ale spilling across his front and across the stubble of his black beard. Cursing softly he pivoted on his heels, ready to let loose a torrent of insults to whoever was foolish enough to shout and cause his precious ale to be wasted.

"Oi, this shite is expensive and money doesn't grow on trees ye know! I have half a mi-" He stopped midsentence in his barrage, seeing no one but a gangly pimple faced teen standing 5 feet away, looking around he finally noticed a short, raven haired girl with her head bowed in an apologetic stance. Hearing her words he looked at the boy and his dumbfounded look with outstretched arms. His eyes narrowed at the young man.

"So is this how you treat a lady young man? The lass simply walks through and you shove your point across to any smaller than you? Ye should be ashamed lad! "

This drunken slander wasn't his usual speech but it got the point across to the harbour dweller, He quickly began stumbling away in fear of the much larger much meaner looking man. As he fled he muttered a series of mumbled apologies to the girl and the man. Escaping from the tavern as quickly as possible.

Aeo leaned down to the girl and said "Oi, chin up lass. You did nothing wrong. Lads of the port like to think they're above any and all. He'll get his hiding soon enough should he take a job at the docks or on a ship." He ruffled her hair and stated "By the way. Not saying you're full grown or anything. But whats a runt like you doing on this side of town? A little seedy for someone like you innit?"
Back to top Go down
CassundraX
Guardian
CassundraX

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Selen kept her head bowed and fought the impulse to kick the man for calling her a runt. Instead Selen steeled herself and looked up meeting his eyes with her own Green-gold eyes.  
"there is no height restriction-" only an age restriction no one pays attention to. "and I was grabbing a meal to sample this towns culinary arts before I went back to my crewmates." selen has a noticeable accent from her home country.
Selen paid the waiting tavern wench for her lunch and bought an ale of the same kind that had been spilt. She sniffed before giving it to the man she bumped into. "just so you know this is of watered down low quality. If yer this tipsy already off of one then you must be a light weight." Selen hasn't had very much interaction with many people, and the ones she is around who slur like Aeo currently is are normally drunk.
Selen turned to leave.
Back to top Go down
Aeo

Aeo

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 12:48 am

Aeo smirked at the girl and her comments. She certainly had heart, but it was the ignorant kind most definitely. One of a pompous and overly self assured nature. That was a suspect trait to have in an area where the sailors were tough, the dock workers tougher, and the pirates toughest. Especially a girl as small as she was. He sniffed the ale and grimaced, this wasn't what he had ordered. The barkeep must have thought it a safe bet the girl wouldn't know the difference between a fine ale and a this watered down garbage. He glared at the barkeep and placed the slosh on the table. Receiving a new, better drink from the now nervously smiling bartender. Taking the ale he smiled at the girl and was about to speak when she made her comment about him being a lightweight when it came to alcohol. Raising an eyebrow he made a decision to teach the stuck up little shite one of the lessons the sailors taught him as a boy.

With lightning fast reflexes he shot his foot out and caught her by the ankle, sending her tumbling down. With nary a second before she impacted the floor however he had wrapped his arm around her waist. Not spilling even a drop from his drink. Taking a long gulp. He gave a content sigh and peered down into her eyes. Speaking with a now much clearly enunciated vocabulary he stated to her "I'm not drunk. Merely taking a long journey to that point if at all possible. I will say as a lesson to you lass, you try to appear intelligent and independent yet I can almost certainly assume the opposite about you. You claim to know these harbours and coasts, and yes you may have some experience with them. But to tangle with and claim judgement on a man whose skill you have not yet ascertained nor nary attempted a glance at. You show not only ignorance, but arrogance as well, and in these lands where a man will take your head... or worse" He nodded his head to indicate her body "for no more than coin or potential pleasure, that is a very dangerous trait indeed."

Lifting her up, he brushed the dirt off of her clothes and stated "Very well, take me to your captain and crew, I want to see the men who are willing to take on a lady of such small stature and know their hearts and minds. I wouldn't have someone so naive taken advantage of, and maybe if they prove to be of fair minds and true hearts. I might lend my services to the crew."

(the trip is performed by comparing my agility to yours. In which mine is superior. Not enough time to react and defend/dodge)
Back to top Go down
CassundraX
Guardian
CassundraX

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 1:08 am

Selen regained her footing and glared at the tavern wench before she muttered darkly under her breath and left, letting her anger out by stomping. It had the desired effect as the wood under her feet groaned.

"Figures I make a frenemy in a new town by opening my big fat mouth.. Not sure Caps going to like this." Selen paled a bit at the though of the man she had come to see as a father figure mad at her. Selen looked up over the roof tops of the buildings and headed straight for the largest ship currently in the dock, it almost rivaled some of the heavier set navy ships.

Selen visibly perked up hearing the captain shouting orders at some of the crew members and ran up the gang plank and tackled the captain.

"Oomff! Easy there Lena girl, I'm not as young as I would like any more!" The man straightened up after hugging the over excitable girl back, nearly dwarfing her thanks to the knee length purple coat the man was wearing.

The captain was a 6 foot 3 inch tall man with dark brown hair that reached just past his shoulder blades, with a tint of grey starting at his ears, and piercing sapphire blue eyes, there were scars all over the visible parts of his body. Some could easily be identified as battle scars. One such was one that started just above his left eye brow and ended on his cheek, a shallow cut perhaps?

The captain pushed selen back to observe her for any damage and seemed relieved to find none. "I swear Lena-girl, I take my eyes offa you for 2 seconds and you vanish." The captain looked up noticing the stranger on the gang plank. "And of course ya bring trouble a knocking."

Selen looked down and clapsed her hands behind her back while pawing at the found wit one foot. "Sorry sir."
Back to top Go down
Aeo

Aeo

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 am

Aeo followed the girl quickly through the bustling harbour all the way to the docks, maneuvering deftly between the populace.  He kept tight to her heels, never losing sight of the girl as they proceeded closer to the docks.  As they entered the docks he immediately noticed a ship towering over all the others.  He grimaced at it with distaste.  Someone obviously had a bit of an ego, the ship was powerful but very vulnerable.  It had a extraordinary broadside capability with and extensive array of auxiliary weaponry in a most likely case.  Probably having an array of frontal and rear aiming cannons, mortar, perhaps firebombs.  But its maneuverability and size, while being its greatest strength, was its ultimate weakness.  Its rudder was greatly exposed, allowing for a maneuverable ship to disable it.  Its' main mast too was a great vulnerability.  On a smaller ship losing the main mast might mean being disabled.   But on a ship this size it would mean chaos.  Potentially severe damage to the deck and hull.  It would be a nightmare to repair if it even could, if it couldn't.  The two secondary sails wouldnt stand a chance in hell at moving that ship.

As they approached he realized the big vessel was the one they were approaching he rolled his eyes, of course the girl would be with that crew.  He hoped the captain didn't have an over the top superiority complex.  That would make things quite irritating.  As well as hoping he had enough of a brain to have a reason for having this moving castle of a ship.  As he walked up to the ship itself he observed with amusement as the girl suddenly animated from the mopey, depressed first impression he got in the tavern.  He listened to the conversation, raising an eyebrow at the captains comment when he noticed him standing upon the gangplank.  "I can only assume you are the captain of this vessel good sir.  Might I come aboard?"  Aeo asked simply.  Meeting the captains gaze with a cool, calm confidence.

(lvl up. Lvl 2)
Back to top Go down
CassundraX
Guardian
CassundraX

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:46 am

The captain took in the mans stance. "Don' be a stranger on my door step, feel free to come aboard!" A young man with actual manners these days were in short supply. He knew this from experience.

Hoping to defuse a possibly tense situation, the captain let his silly side show and made a grand sweeping bow, causing his coat to shift. There wasn't very much that was fancy about it except for the fact that it was a royal purple color, made of stygian zinogre fur, very hard to get. It had red trim made from the same beast. It was reversible into a leather like re rathalos pelt with azure rathalos trimming. Underneath that Mathan wore a mixture of Abysmal, ivory, and regular lagiacrus armor. He had on a ivory lagiacrus chest plate, with the abysmal boots on his feet, the gauntlets, and leggings were the signature sapphire blue that faded into turquoise. Mathan currently had no head gear on and had his hair untied. Enjoying the wind messing with his hair.
"i am Mathan Brakstone. And this hunk of wood under our feet is the SilverWings. Hopefully your reason for being here is a good one???" Mathan's eyes held a look of curiosity, selen and her siblings were natural trouble magnets as it turned out. his tone ofvoice was welcoming but at the same time wary.

Selen bowed her head again both apologetic, and ashamed of her luck. She raised her head again to look rather curiously at the man that had followed her. His hair was much darker than her own, she noted as the sun hit it and showed almost no color. It was like looking at a shadow really. From her position selen couldn't make out his eyes, and his clothes intrigued her. They didn't look at all like the locals wore, or what the monster hunters wore either.

Speaking of monsters, the deck started to rumble, shake, creak, and groan, under the weight of a 240 pound azuros barreling its way towards her. Selen braced herself for impact but this time the bear skidded to a stop almost directly in front of her. Selen snickered as the bear-like creature sat on her hauntches and let her tongue lol out of her mouth. Selen moved forward and pat stella on her head. Stella had the body of a bear, but her fur was a periwinkle blue on the top, with creamy colored fur underneath. Her claws were red, a sign that she was a variant known to hit harder, and take more damage. The fur on her sides where the two colors met stuck out in spikey directions. The top fur felt kind of corse, and rough. The under fur was downy soft.
Back to top Go down
Aeo

Aeo

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 4:47 am

Aeo proceeded across the gangplank, the creaking wood straining under his weight as he walked nonchalantly across. He smiled softly at the captain and began speaking in a cool, confident, but charismatic voice. "I came to see what kind of crew would be the type to hire a young girl like this one. I came seeking to learn their hearts and minds, to ascertain whether she was in safe and wise hands or ones prone to violence and risky behaviour. I came to learn if she needed to be taken into a safer custody, or if she was in the hands of someone capable, kind, and wise. Perhaps see if they were in need of an extra set of hands. Looking for work and an adventure or two." He took in the visage of the captain, with his extravagant robes and armor pieces, his wild hair and eccentric demeanor. He was definitely someone of memorable nature, though this may well be a purposeful action and approach. An attempt to either intimidate or offput potential threats, as well as identify with any allies.

As he spoke he observed the ship, noting the escape routes, weaponry, potential enemies and their distances. He looked down at the girl and noted her apologetic look, thinking to himself he noted that this seemed to be an odd situation. Why was she so concerned about introducing him? If this man was a sailor then he would be meeting new people almost every day he was at port. So why the concern, almost nervousness? It was most definitely an odd situation..

As he was deep in thought he heard the heavy thudding footsteps of something barreling towards them, reacting quickly his hand subtly moved towards one of his pistols, his magical energy sending a couple of sparks to the pistol itself. He saw a large bearlike creature proceeding towards the girl. He tensed as it began to relax and sat itself on its haunches. He calmed himself and closed his eyes before taking a deep breath. Clenching his hand he stemmed the flow of magic and looked back to the captain, he said "You have quite an array of interesting things aboard your ship. From where do you hail if you don't mind my asking?"
Back to top Go down
CassundraX
Guardian
CassundraX

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 11:39 am

Aeo noticed that Mathan (pronounced like Nathan) has a slight Englishmen accent, it became more pronounced with his emotions, and seemingly vanished while he was calm.
Mathan chuckled warmly and then gave a snort at the other mans, observation. "Aye, there is an intrestin cast of characters here, but let me assure you. The last /pig/-" the word had such a hatred in it, it brought to mind the saying that looks could kill. "-that tried anything I dealt with him myself by gelding him, and then feeding him to the sharks. I think the sharks gave me dirty looks after wards but eh." Mathan took notice of Selen's apologetic actions then gave a warm smile that softened his face and made his eyes sparkle. He knew that look.

"I hail from China, actually. My family was from england but they were traded to the imperial family in exchange for money." Mathan sneered a bit, both from memories and the slavery. "I detest slavery, and ignorance even more... Speaking if which.. Oi! Lena-girl! Did you ever even introduce yourself???" Mathan tilted his head curiously.

Selen jumped from where she was snuggled against her pet at being called so abruptly, and both men could swear to any god that the bear was laughing at Selen as she made her way over.
"I don't think I did... Forgive me for my rudeness..?" The words were said easily enough but the question hung in the air as if Selen didn't know whether to question herself or not. Selen grabbed a hand full of skirt on each side, and pulled them up slightly, making the purple under skirts stand out a little more, put one leg behind the other and curtsied the way she was taught to do, the royal way. (The skirt goes to her knees)
"Its nice to greet you formally, my name is Selen windagor." The girl straightened up.
Aeo took note that certain words and phrases seemed hard for her to phrase, and there was a distinct Bulgarian accent. It seemed she was also trying to be formal but not snobbish about it

Mathan hid a grin by turning his head to see what the crew was doing. Only one person was glaring at Selen and the man that followed her and mathan held in a sigh. When he gave the ship to Selen he would have to tell her to watch that one.
Mathan turned back to the two. "Not to be rude, but you never told us your name sir."

Selen nodded her head, before turning to leave.
"Oi, Lena-girl. As part of your training your to stay with us until a decision is made by all involved on our guests fate. By that I mean the 3 of us. And that's an order." Mathan informed her sternly.
Selen straightened up as mathan used the word 'order', and her stance took that of someone with armed forces training. She also adapted a less playful look on her face and in her eyes as well.
"Sir, yes sir!" It seemed to be more of an automatic response than an actual heat given answer.
Back to top Go down
Aeo

Aeo

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 11:00 pm

Aeo gave a hearty laugh at the display before him, this gentleman was certainly an interesting individual indeed. As the man spoke about the individual Aeo raised an eyebrow, wondering what might incur such wrath from a seemingly peaceful man. This man was certainly an individual to be reckoned with, that much was a certainty. He caught the shift in the mans' eyes towards the girl, and saw the face of a hardened sea captain soften to something the likeness of what a father would give his child upon a heartwarming moment. Smiling to himself softly he recalled that his father would often look upon him the same way when they greeted each other after one of his many long journeys away. This thought caused his expression to harden as he seemed to gaze into the distance, his father... one of the many reasons he was still searching, seeking to strengthen his own abilities and talents. He still had to find him, and to do that he would need information, and to get that he would have to brave many a dangerous land.

As the man began speaking of his heritage he nodded vaguely, by all those concerned he was a mutt. An Anglo from his father, who sailed with the Royal Navy for many a year. Engaging the French and Spanish in their conflicts for influence both back on Mainland Europe and in the Carribean, where he himself had been born. His mother had actually hailed from France, she was travelling to the New World with her father and mother, they were attacked by none other than pirates and she had been forced to watch her mother and father butchered by the savages. Her saving grace was a British Royal Navy ship that had been scouting the French ship to ascertain whether it was of military or trade origin and thus open to attack. Upon the realization that it was a civilian vessel as well as under attack by pirates it was Aeos' father who, as first mate at the time, implored the then captain of the vessel to save the innocents, despite some of the crews hesitation at helping a vessel containing the citizens of the selfsame kingdom they were engaged in a bloody war with.

He was snapped out mid reverie however, as the captain continued his story. He smiled at the statement, it was surprising how few independent sailors actually were supportive of the idea of a man being forced against his will to work. Though on a ship leagues from the nearest port the idea of a large group of forced labor workers working under you was a suicidal one, far easier to give each man his say than to force them down. It was always best to have a crew of loyal than hate filled sailors, lest mutiny erupt. He smiled at the mans detest of ignorance, he too could hardly stand someone trying to talk out of their ass to him. It was insulting, turning to the girl he listened to her very formal introduction, he smiled and upon hearing the captains words he bowed graciously, his right foot crossing his left, toe pointed down, removing his hat he lowered his head and stated clearly and articulately. Aeo vi Dorian, at your service Captain Brakstone, I am an explorer and adventurer. I have traveled much of the New World good sir." Standing he stated, "If I might ask, is that why you are in Asia? For money, or to find your family? I can understand the sentiment if so, I too search for family, my father was a Captain in the Royal Navy, during the war my home was attacked, he was at sea at the time and I myself barely survived, I was the only one to the best of my knowledge. I search for him now as I have heard tell since the ceasefire many of the warships came to Asia to secure the Crowns interest." Upon hearing the mans other statement in regards to Selen turning to leave he tensed for a moment, almost imperceptibly so, his fate? He hoped he had not shared too much to a potential threat, though the man did say he detested slavery, it could all be a ruse to earn his trust just as well.
Back to top Go down
CassundraX
Guardian
CassundraX

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 1:21 am

Selen noticed the way that Aeos features went from slightly relaxed to tensed up, and ready for action. It wasn't truly noticeable anywhere but the eyes. They went from warm to something like steel, akin to a wall coming down, but a glimmer of worry seemed to bleed through.
Selen walked one step forward, after a faint nod from Mathan to take charge. "What we mean is I'm in training to take over, so if you joined us no matter how long, I would very much like to like to be involved in any decisions made. I would appreciate it greatly if you don't interupt while I explain our.. Business.
Our line of trade is... Frowned upon. We're pirates, but we're not like most. We don't steal for the fun of it, we steal if we have to, or if we feel like it. Example: in need is low on funds while docked, we take only what we need, without leaving the people living in the towns, cities, and villages, on brink of collapse. The captain hates rapists, and if he catches anyone doing so he gelds, or castrates them. There's no difference between the two wording styles. If we feel like it, we usually attack another pirate crew by luring them in, acting as a trade vessel. When we attack trade vessels, we target the ones heading for, or coming from, Bolga. My home country.
"We give any and all crew members of such ships that are taken alive 2 choices, 3 depending. Choice number one, is that they try their luck in a lifeboat with only one small keg of water to share, and pray that they find land, or are saved by a passing ship. Choice number two is they work on the ship under supervision, doing chores like swabbing the deck, stacking cannonballs, or even repairs if they have carpentr skills. We usually let them off at the nearest port. We'er pirates but not savages.
The third choice shows up under the second one. If they have good skills that can aide us, their given the option to join the crew, I myself was given this option, havnt regrettted it yet.
Regarding rival pirates, Mathan has connections to the hunters guild, and by extent, the wanted posters of known criminals. We leave a member of the crew who's trust worthy on the other crews ship, and have them take it to another port to sell. The crew members stay in the brig and are later collected by trusted connections, and the profits are split between Mathan and said trustee. It nets us quite a bit of pocket change. Right now we're here just to refill our supplies, afterwards we'er setting off for..?" Here selen turned to look at the captain, who seemed proud she had remembered everything he told her,

"Our next stop is going to be Africa, I have some ivory that I want to trade the locals for their local trees. The wood bends in storms and rarely breaks, and the main yard is starting to creak." Mathan told Aeo, before looking at selen and giving her a nod to continue.

Selen nooded in return snd continued her speech. "If you want to come along you can, if not then it dosnt matter-" here her eyes saddened s bit before regaining her earlier resolve. "In the end its your choice. You can think it over if you like. If you join us, for until you want to leave, and for as long as your with us, the captain will set up a payment plan, pay per day, and an assessment of your current skills you'll get a task, or small list of tasks, per day. There's not really very much to do. If there's something you would like to learn, cap-" here Mathans eye twitched, he hated that nickname! "-will set something up for you to help you get the wanted training. If it can't currently be taught he will do his best to help in other ways.
"If you have any questions you can ask. If I don't know the answer Mathan will probably answer." Selen sagged a bit, glad to be done talking. It was hard not slipping back into Bolgarian while she explained, and remembering all of what she had been taught, this was her first time trying to recruit someone.

"In regards to my parents, I never knew them. They were banished from the count when I was 2, and I'm 15 now. I can't say much else really, it could ruin what little chance I have of being free to make my own choices." Selen commented.

"You did very good, Selen." Mathan walked over and ruffled Selen's hair, selen scruntched up her face and pouted, giving the impression she didn't like it but her eyes lit up, making them shine in happiness that she had done will. The use of her full first name confirmed she had done well.

Mathan removed his hand from her head and back a few steps, giving selen back her personal space. Selen patted her hasir back down as it looked like a birds nest afterwards.

(For future reference, Bolga is from a game. Dragons crown. If I'm not mistaken then its actually Bulgaria in real life. I'm using elements that were added to the Chronicles of Fayte main storyline. We used things from Monster Hunter, Dragons Crown, Diablo 3, Dragons Dogma, Dark souls, and some others, if I'm not mistaken Bloodbourne is one of them. I like the idea because its more, fantastical, and realistic at the same time. It also unified our liking of video games.)
Back to top Go down
Aeo

Aeo

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 8:49 am

(that's fine. I'm operating off of a historical background, so while your introduction of various other fantastic worlds is welcomed just note History and culture will be mostly if not completely based off of historical aspects. That way we have at least a standard for how things are in this world and the story makes sense)

Aeo listened intently, crossing his arms and standing up straight to his full height, making him appear quite a bit larger than average. As he listened he nodded in understanding but his eyes quickly turned to steel at the mention of their "pirating" way of life. He didn't mind piracy in and of itself having been one himself to survive. However the hunting of pirates is what brought the hardening for combat back to his face. His eyes leveled with Mathan, a ferocity within them that would make most men shy away in doubt and fear though this wasn't his intention in the gaze.

His mouth curled into a snarl as he began speaking
"So.. you hunt pirates? So what makes Your Majesty Mathan so high and mighty he may hunt his own kind? I can handle pirates, I can handle cutthroats and slimy traders. But your kind sickens me. At least criminals and scum have enough honor to be clear where they stand. But you hunt those who would call you brother in any other circumstance?! What kind of man would betray his own in such a way?! Even the red sailed cannibals of the southern Americas could claim to have more honor than a pirate "hunter"!
He spat the last word in a growl. He hated hunters. Men of such a nature as those willing to betray even his fellow pirates for a bit of coin were low and couldn't be trusted to walk in front of, much less place your life in the hands of.. not to mention they made enemies quickly and were usually dead within one or two years of the start of their newfound careers as pirate hunters. With no one willing to trust you and everyone technically your enemy you quickly found yourself against the world with no one to back you up and your own crew willing to cut your throat to save their scaly skins.

Aeo waited for the mans, if he could even call him that at this point, response. His hands though still crossed, ready to react in a flash if he sensed danger to begin firing off rounds.
Back to top Go down
CassundraX
Guardian
CassundraX

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Mathan tiled his head as he listened to Aeo, and gave a sigh. Selen always left out things that she felt weren't hers to tell, and had apparently inadvertently given off the wrong idea.
"I think Selen got confused with her speech, and I didn't catch the mistakes. We hide ourselves as a civilian vessel and sometimes come under fire of other pirates. I'm not a pirate hunter. Nor am I a monster Hunter or a military man."
Selen flintched as she reflected on what she had said and realized she had said half of it wrong. "Ah.. I'm sorry." She ducked her head and fled the area, face red from embarrassment.
Mathan waited until she left to further explain. "The only pirates I've ever gone after, were the ones that raped my wife, and killed her and my daughter in front of me. That was the only time I hunted a fellow pirate..." Mathan laughed softly, full of regret. "I couldn't kill the son of a bitch. If they had lived, what would my family have thought of me? I turned the bastard in, and his crew, sold his ship, and then I split the profits. Half of it went to the crew and the ship itself for repairs upgrades and supplies, the rest went back to the town i turned him in at as a "unknown beneficiary". Best choice I made I think. I don't have much time left, and the girl grows fast but that there's an issue. I don't trust half of my crew with her and her siblings. I think only our resident cook/mediwitch, Francesca, and Leslie Harrow, my right hand man are who I trust to look out for them."

Mathan took a seat on a wooden barrel, flinching every so often as a bone popped. "Ah, Drake brought you a chair to sit on if you prefer to sit, my legs arnt what they used to be.Please forgive me if I seem rude. And I seem to have gotten side tracked. Back to the main topic, ive found it easier to go between the Americas and england by disguising the ship as an over large cargo vesse/passenger ship. I've been attacked twice while openly having the pirate flag out, lost half the crew at the time thanks to the first attack. The second attack I won."
Mathan felt even older than he actually was as he tried to explain his side of the story. "I'm beginning to sound like an old man." Mathan grimaced at himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of the Wayward Soul   Call of the Wayward Soul I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of the Wayward Soul
Page 1 of 1