Valkryieforums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valkryieforums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords Empty
PostSubject: Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords   Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 4:46 pm

"thou therefore rise: vanish thy weariness
by the minds effort, in each struggle form'd
to vanquish"

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords Siegfried
Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords Siggy2
Siegfried-

Chapter One: Revived

(Time of the Past)
In Germany, the oppressed peasants revolted against the Holy Roman Empire. With its forces weakened by the Italian Wars, the German peasants finally had a fighting chance. One of the champions of the people, a brave knight name Sir Frederick, met a lovely woman named Margaret while on campaign, and spent a sexy-fun night with her. When Frederick returned after
9 long months of battle, he fund that Margaret had given birth to their son, who he name Siegfried, after the famous hero.

A few years went by and Frederick spent a lot of his time teaching his son swordsmanship. He embarked upon a foreign crusade, promising his return to Margaret. However, without his father's guidance, Siegfried fell in with the wrong crowd. He soon became the leader of a band of thieves known as "Schwarzwind," which means "Black wind." The band came up with a plan. They would attack the knights who ran away from the crusades. They were bound to have lots of valuables. That
night, they ambushed a group of war-weary soldiers. They were tired, and were no match for "Schwarzwind". Siegfried killed the commander himself. He held the commander's severed head in triumph, but as the moonlight shone
upon it, Siegfried let out a blood-curdling scream...

He was holding the head of his own father! This terrible situation caused Siegfried to snap. He took off running into the forest. Siegfried hardly kept his sanity by suppressing the memory of killing his own father, if you can call what he went through "sane."As he went more and more insane, he decided that his father had been murdered by someone else. After hearing about Soul Edge, he decided that his father's killer could only be defeated by that one weapon...

He managed to find it next to the corpse of Cervantes. When he reached for it, the corpse attacked. After he had slain the corpse he took Soul Edge. He obtained Soul Edge to avenge the unavengeable. Soul Edge told Siegfried that by devouring souls, his father would be resurrected. Upon realizing that he was responsible for his fathers death, he became enslaved by the sword.

Siegfried eventually grew into Nightmare. He finally succeeded in resurrecting his father, Frederick, but it was a mere illusion of his weak soul. Siegfried accepted responsibility for his sins and tried to distance himself from society, afraid that he might kill again. However, every time he woke up, he was surrounded by the bodies of the people he had killed in his sleep.

As Nightmare plundered souls and recovered fragments of Soul Edge, the cracks in the blade began to recover slowly. His goal of recovering the evil sword edged towards completion. He returned to Ostrheinsburg Castle. His stronghold. This land that once tasted the blood of many was a fitting place to restore Soul Edge. A lone man appeared in the castle, seeking Soul Edge. He wielded a thin blade in his left hand. The two of them faced off in the ruins of the chapel, and the place became alive with flying sparks and blood. At the end of the battle, Nightmare was victorious. He stepped forward to finish the man off. Deep within his eyes shone the light of an innocent man seduced by the blade. Siegfried struggles as if trying to fight off a nightmare. The spirit of the evil sword sneered at him.

Soul Edge: "Your strikes were weak. Fragile. Pathetic. Just like human souls."

Siegfried: "Silence... I will not obey you any more. I will atone for what I have
done..."

Soul Edge: "The depth of human greed astounds me. You sill seek forgiveness, after
all you have done?"

Siegfried: "No! But one must reflect on one's sins and move onward."

Soul Edge: "...Even if the path leads only to darkness? Only death awaits you in
the end."

Siegfried: "Is it because it is finite that people cling to the joys of life?"

Soul Edge: "...Can you not hear them-the wails of the souls that were swallowed unto
the abyss by your hand?"

Siegfried: "I am eternally sorry for what I have done...but listen to me!"

Soul Edge: "...He sought death. He revered it. Death is beautiful. Your father, too,
knew it's allure."

Siegried: "Yes, if I could, I would return to that time-"

Soul Edge: "He must parish. You shall cast his body into the darkness. He shall
stagnate and rot, steeped in despair, as you squeeze the final gasp from his
lungs!"

Siegfried: "No! That's an illusion! I can see it... I can see the proud way he faces
his end!"

The battle being waged in Nightmare's mind cause him to stand still. Beyond him, the badly beaten body of the man trembled. Only the his pride allowed the man to move. Drawing on the last of his strength, the man unleashed a final
blow on the enemy. The strike pierced the center of Soul Edge. Nightmare let out an inhuman cry. Inside him, the crazed, wounded mind of the evil sword clawed at his consciousness. But, he stood with an iron will against the raging storm. The time had come. The eyes that had turned red with evil were restored. And the flame of sanity relit. He who had remained the host body to the evil sword for so long had regained his will. In response to the rapidly weakening evil, light poured out like the coming of the dawn.

When it was over, Siegfried thought back in a daze over what he had done. It had been like a reflexive action. A sword had appeared along with the light. As if guided by something, he grabbed the sword and thrust it into the evil eye that was the core of Soul Edge. It was the holy sword Soul Calibur, which had been trapped by the evil sword.

The blow, however, was not enough to destroy the evil sword. The evil energy of the sword had quieted, but the good sword had gone silent, too. As if it had lost it's power.

Siegfried: "This isn't enough... I will seal away Soul Edge for all eternity and
atone for my sins. This I swear!"

Forcing his brain into motion, he began to think. He threw off the detestable armour and smashed it to pieces. Then, picking up the two swords, he left that land. His bloody fate would not release him so easily, however. From time to time, the feeling of that grotesque right arm rose from his memory. The residue of the nightmare tormented him. Occasionally, those whose lives had been affected by Nightmare appeared to fight. Each time he was forced to face them, he was filled with guilt. At the same time, Siegfried did not realize that another dark omen was on the horizon.

Indeed. There was no way for him to know that the azure nightmare would soon reawaken.

(Time of the Present)
Someone was calling him, but he could not clearly hear it. He strained to see, but could see nothing. Then the voice came again, and this time he could hear every word.

???: "So, you would foresake our freindship?"

Siegfried: "Yes. no one will ever again be part of my life. Every man or woman who known me has ultimately fallen to death's touch. So, go. Leave me. Forget you ever knew me."

The voice that had replied was his own. He began to lose his consciousness, his focus wavered, and then another voice came to him from behind.

???: "I have seen what you have done. Now you devote your life to atoning for your sins and redeeming your soul. Are you not as much a victim of that sword as the others?"

Siegfried: "No, no! No matter what beguiling words you whisper, my sins cannot be forgiven. I-I slew my father with my own bloodied hands. No cursed sword forced me to do that!"

As Siegfried spoke his answer, the man who questioned him faded from his vision, to be replaced once more by the memories of that night. The wind blew the clouds from the face of the moon, and suddenly the head that he had held triumphantly aloft was brilliantly revealed. He saw the face, and there was no denying the truth. It was his father. His heart was in agony as if it had been pierced by a white-hot blade.

Siegfried jerked upright, as if yanked by a puppeteer's string. The full moon bathed his face in light. It had been a dream. He was alone.
He pressed his hand against the armor that covered his heart. A terrible scar marked him there. The maelstrom of power unleashed when Soul Calibur and Soul Edge clashed in the Lost Cathedral had torn his body apart. His long quest to destroy the cursed sword had been so nearly completed; redemption had been within his grasp, yet, in that moment, he had died,the scream of frustration at his failure silenced on his lips. Perhaps the spirit sword responded to that outpouring of emotion, for the sword whose destiny it was to destroy the cursed sword resonated with Siegfried's soul. It chose Siegfried for its master, and doing so saved his life.
Siegfried thought again of the dream he had just seen. He thought of the people who had once stood by him, and the people he had left. And the one who still followed him, despite that Siegried was none other than Nightmare.

Bathed in the moonlight, Siegfried looked up into the night sky. He knew now what he must do. He would brush aside the outstretched hands that tried to help him. Once not so long ago, he had stood up at the center of the terror that Nightmare wrought. The enemy he now faced was the cursed devourer of souls, Soul Edge. Awaiting him was the maelstrom of destruction unleashed at the cathedral.
Soul Calibur shone with a cold light in his hand. Siegfried made up his mind to become like the sword. No one would touch his heart, no man or woman would sway him from his path, until the cursed swordwas destroyed for all time. Images of his brothers-in-arms, camrades, even friends that might have been-and, of course, his father- flashed one by one through his mind. He was alone, and he had no choice but to be alone, for he would never again hurt those he loved.
Siegfried turned his gaze away from the heavens. Before him a black shadow lay heavy over the cursed city of Ostrheinsburg. His journey of repentance was coming to an end.

Last edited by NallCalmer on Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:14 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords   Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 pm

"Death be proud, though some have called thee mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so..."

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords 1244485554711
Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords Hilde
Hilde-

Chapter Two: A new Heir to the Throne and a new Hope for a Kingdom

Hildegard von Krone lowered her head before the cold iron bars of the cell.

Hilde: "Father, we leave today. Our kingdom shall be victorious. This i swear to you upon our family's name."

there's no answer, just an animal growl devoid of all human reason. in the closed stone chamber, not a single torch flickered. only the faithful moon, shining silver and weak through a small window set high in the wall, offered any light at all.

it was an audience beyond the public gaze. though "audience," Hilde realized, was far too grand a word for the encounter that took place in this chamber at the very top of the castle tower, the chamber in which the king of Wolfkrone was sent to live out his days. Hilde's father - the great king, the great warrior - was no more. lost in a fog of madness, he could not even recognize his own daughter when she stood before him.

Hilde had lost him on that horrible day when the of destruction had swept across the kingdom. though she was still but a child, the reins of the kingdom were thrust into her hands. gathering allies and power about her, she managed to cling to the throne and at the same time save the kingdom from grotesque hordes that were led by the Azure Knight. her youth was sacrificed to war, and she was tempered in the fires of battle.

how many times had Hilde almost given up the struggle? though she knew nothing could be changed, she could not help but dream of how things would be if her father - her strict, fair and kind-hearted father - were still king. but she pushed those thoughts form her mind. the survival of the kingdom depended on her now. weakness was not an option.

yet in those moments when Hilde was alone w/ her father, she longed to renounce everything and give in to her weakness. to once again be the meek, frightened little girl who knew that she could rely on the absolute protection of her father.

but... it was not to be. Hilde raised her head and slowly stood up.

her world was different now. Hilde was no longer the little girl whose father taught her fencing in jest. the sword she wielded was a bolt of lightning that cut down all those tainted by evil, and the lance in her hand was a symbol of her kingdom in which, when raised aloft in battle, summoned great warriors at her side. she had become strong. strong enough to rule her father's nation, but one aspect of Hilde had not changed. the nobility of a wolf, inherited form her father, still flowed in her veins, as it had in the veins of every king and queen that had ruled Wolfkrone.

with a murmured prayer and a final glance at her father, Hilde turned on her heels to leave the room that only she could enter. an inhuman shriek followed her as she passed through the door, but her face betrayed no reaction.

Hilde had to purify herself before leading her army to battle.

she bathed alone. she felt no shame in exposing the wounds that covered her body; it was the sorrowful, pitying gazes of her servants that she could not bear. as Hilde poured the ice-cold water over her skin, her mind was as chilled and cleansed as her body.

it was the moment just before dawn and the garden was as still as a grave. the moon that attended Hilde's quiet ritual would soon slip below the horizon. the night belonged to "them." When the sun set, they emerged from the ruins of Ostrheinsburg Castle, a deadly threat to the land. the people of the kingdom barricaded themselves into their homes and brave soldiers patrolled the villages, watching over them.

whenever Hilde thought of her devastated realm, sorrow gripped her heart. once upon a time, it was a rich, bountiful land, but now the hopes of her subjects rested upon her shoulders. she must restore its former glory for the men, who in times of peace tilled the soil, but now had taken up the sword to fight w/ her.

the time was at hand; the tides were changing. Hilde thought of recent events; patrols reporting bizarre sights, such as thousands of objects in the sky, shining w/ an evil light, hurtling toward the ruined castle like wasps swarming a nest. and then there was the encounter of that man...

her purification complete, Hilde left the garden and entered her chambers. immediately, her servants began to prepare her for battle in silence.

several days earlier, Hilde and her soldiers had come to the assistance of a troop of mercenaries traveling through Wolfkrone. they had been attacked by the inhabitants of the ruined castle. and many of their number were slain. among the survivors was a woman who had information that was of great interest to hilde.

according to her, a man named Siegfried had entered the cursed city alone to face the army of the Azure Knight. the woman told Hilde in a quiet voice that she tried to help him but he had refused her. she just was not strong enough, but Hilde was powerful. perhaps she could help him instead? Hilde immediately sent out patrols to find the man. she could not let one who fought for the same cause die in vain.

it was not long before Hilde found Siegfried and contrived to meet him on the outskirts of Ostrheinsburg. However, the knight clad in the cold, crystal armor would have nothing to do with her.

Siegfried: " this is my battle" he said " and i don't want anyone getting in my way. i don't need any help."

and w/ those few words, he left. Strangely, Hilde did not feel angry at his response. there was something about him....

Hilde's silver armor was forged to resemble a wolf, the guardian animal of Wolfkrone. it gleamed in the flickering candlelight as her servants secured it piece by piece to her body. each time she donned this suit, its weight reminded her of the heavy responsibility that she bore as ruler of her kingdom.

a heavy helm and armor plate are poor attire for a young lady of noble descent, but Hilde wore it with pride. for her, to bo dressed for battle felt the same as being attired in the finest silks.

there was a sense of foreboding. though she could not see the future, though she was unsure, Hilde felt instinctively that something enormous was about to happen. oh, how she longed to see into her own future in the same way that the children of Wolfkrone could read marrow's weather in the colors of the sky and the fragrance of the winds.

With a sharp metallic sound, Hilde snapped her gauntlets closed.

all she could do is believe in herself. dawn began to break. the long nightmare that Hilde thought would never end would soon be over.

Messenger: "You Highness. the royal guards and the rest of your army are assembled before the gate."

Without so much as a glance at the messenger, Hilde issued her command in a clear, confident voice.

Hilde: "good. have all units prepare to move out. we march at dawn"

Messenger: "as you command, You Highness."

Hilde could hear a tremor of excitement in the messenger's voice as he bowed and left.

only those who follow their convictions with no knowledge of their fate can build new futures. Hilde thought of that old teaching as she tucked her helm under her arm, left her bowing servants, and strode with confident, powerful steps out of the castle.

Daybreak-

they sky in the east was tinged with color and the night mist began to lift. soon, the magnificent formations of troops arrayed before the castle gate would be bathed in the morning sunlight. among the well-ordered army, nothing disturbed the silent stillness except the occasional neighing of a horse anticipating the sun and the messengers who scurried among the ranks.

from atop her steed, Hilde surveyed the armored rows of her loyal soldiers. she breathed deeply, unable to control the tension and excitement welling up inside her. but looking over the faces of the citizens who had come out to cheer the army off, she felt her courage grow.

there was no need for grand speeches. all in Wolfkrone had long known this moment would come. not a man or woman was ignorant of what this day meant. this day marked the beginning of a sequence of events that would decide their fate.

at that moment, a woman approached Hilde's horse. it was Sarya, the surviving mercenary. she limped slowly, still not recovered form her injuries. when she reached Hilde's side, she offered a brief blessing, and then handed Hilde a small necklace.

Sarya: "give this to him..."

Hilde nodded her head in silent acknowledgment and carefully took the necklace. this woman, too, had come to place her hope in Hilde's hands. she could not ignore her plea.

Hilde lifted her head and look to the sky. a single beam of sunlight split two mountains and shone across the fields.

Hilde: "SOLDIERS, MOVE OUT!!!"

upon Hilde's order, the horns sounded and the soldiers gave a mighty roar. like on the ocean, the kingdom's army began to move across the plain. Hilde raised her lance high in answer to her soldiers' cheers. in front of the castle tower, bathed in light, the flag of Wolfkrone.

the one who held that flag high would be the one who would drive drive back the darkness and lead Wolfkrone into a new, true dawn.

Last edited by NallCalmer on Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords   Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 2:49 pm

"Lo, a fell monster with a deadly sting!
Who passes mountains,breaks through fenced walls
And firm embattled spears, and with his filth
Taints all the world!"

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords NightmareArt01SC2
Nightmare

Chapter 3:

the Recurring Nightmare

Nightmare: "who are you? who calls me?"

Reverberating with echoes that seemed to weave themselves into human speech, the entity searched its own consciousness. it could see nothing. it sought the voice that it heard. it peered into an abyss where thousands, nay, tens of thousands of souls lay. nothing, only silence. but then something spoke from within. sensing fragments of an ancient memory. it was on the verge of remembering when its consciousness was pulled suddenly pulled back, its dream shattered.

the evil had been silenced within the Embrace of Souls it shared with the spirit sword Soul Calibur, until the spell forced it awake in the Lost Cathedral. The sorcerer who cast that spell misread the dreadful of the two swords, and that power swept him up and hurled him beyond time and space. the entity settled into the hand of its vessel, the Azure Knight. in the same way, the entity's former puppet took up the spirit sword and stood in challenge. the two swordsman clashed in a battle for their very souls.

Soul Edge and Soul Calibur had grown strong over the ages. when they were swung against each other, the power that was unleashed shook the Lost Cathedral to its foundations and sent a wave of destruction rushing out from the epicenter of the battle. altering the landscape. Neither the temporary vessel that was Nightmare nor the living human, Siegfried, could withstand the maelstrom the swords unleashed.

Soul Edge fell, together with the disintegrating Nightmare, into a warped dimension. even wounded as it was, Soul Edge sought to regain power. Nightmare had been given shape by the hatred and spirit of evil that permeated the soil of Ostrheinsburg, and so the cursed sword returned to that tainted place, and came to ground in the ruins of the castle. The azure armor lay slumped on the throne Soul Edge stretched its evil roots into the scarred , broken metal. the echoes of the wave of destruction created when the swords clashed spread across the entire world, awakening the scattered shards of the evil sword. now the entity began to call out to them, summoning them. metal fragments both large and small gathered like particles of light and fell in a dazzling rain onto Ostrheinsburg. amongs them were some that had been half turned into living creatures, as well as Soul Edge's other half, which had been destroyed. years earlier, these pieces of Soul Edge had been scattered as the Evil Seed, but now it was calling them home. the cursed blade drank it all in and after decades, Soul Edge was whole again.

but it was not satisfied yet. the cursed sword's roots stretched further into its lifeless host, continuing to strengthen the bond between Soul Edge and the revived Nightmare. Nightmare's body, originally formed from lingering hatred and tormented ghosts, was transformed into the spirit of Soul Edge itself.

Finally, drawn to the pulsing beacon of evil, Soul Edge's servants gathered in Ostrheinsburg. the azure armor was no longer enough to contain its consciousness, and Soul Edge sank its roots deep into the land that was so intimately tied to its fate. Ostrheinsburg became a cursed city, a vessel that would consume souls to further strengthen the evil sword.

the evil sword sat on the throne of Ostrheinsburg, the center of the cataclysm, and waited for the time when once again it would clash with the spirit sword, Soul Calibur.
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords   Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 3:39 pm

"Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter..."

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords Amy
Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords Amyending_0001

Amy-

Chapter 4: the Butterfly in the Night Sky

Peace had been restored to the night. With the besieging army crushed, nothing remained to disturb the silence.

Torch lights, far fewer than before, made their way down the steep ridges. It had seemed a legion of flames encircled the castle, writhing. And now, one by one, the last of them were swollowed into the darkness. Who knew how many lives were lost this day?

Countless lives had blinked out, like the faint lights of so many fireflies. But one girl, who was gazing out the window coldly, spared not a moment's thought to lament life's transcience. Her eyes darted restlessly across the mantle of darkness, as if searching for something.

Amy: (Still, no sign of him.)

He had left her, left this castle home behind. She knew he had done it for her sake, becuase he wanted her to be happy more than anything else in the world. And so he had to leave her side for a while, in search of something that would protect the bond they shared. She understood. Nonetheless she was restless. The grandest of furnishings and the most lavish of clothes could hardly replace the warmth of his hands.

Amy recalled the days before they arrived in these lands, when they had lived in the west. And she rememdered the day he had returned from a long journey. He had collapsed on the floor at once; wherever he had gone, he had incurred deep wounds. A moment's glance had told her they were not ordinary sword wounds. They were infected, and gave off a strange stench. And even after several days they had showed no signs of healing. When she tried to clean the wounds, the viscous fluid that stuck to her skin was the wrong color: a baleful shade so close to black that it only confirmed her fears.

By the time he had finally taken a turn for the better, the aberrations had spread over his whole body- as well as the girl who had stayed by his side and nursed him. The shadows that had seeped out of the darkness and immersed them had stained them the same color. That was the power of Soul Edge; this phenomenon they called "malfestation." But even without this explanation, Amy already understood that the two of them had stepped beyond the bounderies of humanity.

Remembering the sensation of her body turning into something foreign from the inside out, Amy gently slumped her shoulders. They may be forced to shun daylight and slake their mighty thirst in secret, but that was fine, so long as he was by her side.

Raphael: "Be a good girl. I'll be back in a while."

Those were his last words to her, but Amy had to ponder them for a moment. Even the most dutiful fledgling takes flight when the longing for its parents grows too strong.

Amy: "(The evil blade, Soul Edge. Did he leave so he might find it again?)"
Amy left the window and slowly, without the faintest hint of noise, cut cross the gloom-filled room. Except for a downcast glance, not a single emotion marred her face.

Amy: "(How many nights must we wander?)"

A single butterfly was being tossed about on the cold night winds, like a lonely star drifting far from heaven; like a soul freed from all its burdens.

Silently, with all her feelings neatly locked away where none could read them, Amy pushed open the door.
Back to top Go down
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords   Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 4:25 pm

"the dictates of the heart are the voices of fate."

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords RaphaelSorel
Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords RaphaelSorel-4
Raphael Sorel-

Chapter 5: the Quest to Create a New World

Raphael, the young master of the Sorel family, grew up with the rapier and medicine as his playmates. His cool, unemotional demeanor created many enemies, but his quick and precise decision-making and execution skills solidified the foundation of his family amongst the nobles. Unfortunately, Raphael was cast out one day when he made a critical mistake.

Raphael hid himself in an impoverished town to escape from his pursuers. There he met a little girl named Amy, who hid the weakened Raphael from his enemies. For the little girl, helping Raphael was only a simple deed motivated out of spite for the soldiers. For Raphael, however, it marked the first time he owed his life to someone else. He felt emotions that he had never experienced before, and Amy became an irreplaceable presence in Raphael's life.

Convinced that the chaos of the war was no place to live a meaningful life. Raphael took Amy and left the poverty-stricken town. But even with the new surroundings, he could not get Amy to open her heart to the world. One day, in the library of the mansion he acquired under dark pretenses, Raphael found a letter with references to the Evil Seed. It wasn't long before he made the connection between Evil Seed and Soul Edge.

What if such a sword were thrust into the hands of the pathetic nobles? It would all be worth it if the petty, war-mongering nobles could be eliminated to secure a meaningful future for Amy. But in order to accomplish his goal, Raphael needed Soul Edge; he was determined to obtain the sword by any means necessary.

A grand, insane plan was brewing in his mind - all for the sake of a young girl.

On his quest for Soul Edge, Raphael eventually met up with Nightmare in Ostrheinsburg Castle. He faces the evil knight, but lost. His body weakened. His breath haggard. He looked up to see the giant, ghastly sword wielded the embodiment of a Nightmare.

Raphael: "A...Amy..."

For an instant, he was filled with an emotion that was neither anger, nor pride. This emotion drove him to move. He trusted his sword, which hit it's mark, piercing the centre of Soul Edge. That was all he remembered. The last thing he saw before losing consciousness was his opponent writhing in pain.

He should have been dead, but the azure knight left without finishing him off. Raphael dragged his body wounded body back to his mansion, where he spent several days on the brink of death. But, he eventually recovered.

At this time, however, he failed to notice the evil energy radiating from his wounds that he received from Soul Edge. Energy that was changing his body. The phenomenon of "malignity transformation" - He has come across this term while researching Soul Edge. By the time these words flashed into the back of his mind, it was already too late. The symptoms had even spread to Amy, who had nursed him back to health. She had likely been infected by his blood.

No symptoms indicated their minds had been affected, but their skin lost it's colour, their eyes shone with an evil glow. During the day, they felt weak and sluggish. At night, they felt a powerful thirst. They were no longer human.

The nearby villagers learned of their symptoms. Thinking it was a plague, they attempted to drive away their lords. Furious, Raphael contemplated taking revenge on the peasants, but his priority was protecting Amy. Together, they
left the south of France. It was a frustrating fate. This was the second time the evil sword had forced him to endure this kind of humiliation.

Raphael: "I shall make use of my fate. Even this!" he swore to himself.

He arrived in Eastern Europe, took advantage of the war that had spread throughout the land, and bought a ruined castle in the mountains, beginning a life apart from the outside world.

Raphael had no intention of living his life in seclusion forever, however. He had become a creature incapable of interacting with the world. So, he needed to change the world! His plan, woven from the threads of madness, proceeded in secret. Starting with the area around the castle, moving on to the nearby villages, towns, and city. Eventually, this country, this continent, this world would change! His plan had been proceeding smoothly, but one day, there was an incident in which
some people who had been transformed returned to normal. It seemed that something called the "Holy Stone," which a visitor had brought to the land was the cause. Raphael tried to touch the faintly glowing stone. but quickly drew his hand back in pain. His hand was blistered, as though burned. He destroyed the stone in a fit of rage. After calming down, he wondered if other stones, or objects with similar powers existed in the world. This was a threatening prospect. He would not allow anything that threatened Amy, or her world, to exist.

Raphael decided to go on a journey to discover the true nature of this "Holy Stone" and obliterate it from the world. Just as he made this decision, an army a appeared outside of his castle. They had noticed the abnormality of this region, and intended to attack the source. He would need to drive these fools off first.

Raphael: "Amy, I won't be back for a while. Be a good girl while I'm gone."

Raphael bid farewell to his beloved Amy and descended to the world that refused to accept them. The expression on the face of the reticent girl who watched him leave betrayed no hint of what lay hidden in her heart.

(Time of the Present)
He looked heavenward. the full moon- exceptionally bright-shown down on him alone, the chosen one. deep in the darkness of the forest, he had at last found a means of achieving his great purpose. he had sought Soul Edge once, as well as a Holy Stone with the power to banish evil, but this new force was far more formidable than either of those. the spirit sword Soul Calibur. had stemmed Soul Edge's evil countless times before; surely he could use its power to create a perfect world!

to Raphael, Amy was everything. he had even once schemed to turn the whole world evil to "malfest" it, for the sole purpose of creating a world Amy could call home. but a greater power had caused his plans to unravel; it started when some of the townspeople he had transformed began to come to their senses. Malfestation was the product of Soul Edge's power; if its effects were being undone, that could only mean there existed something stronger than the evil sword. Soul Edge was no longer adequate for seeing his plans through to fruition. he needed to find another way. and thus, after routing the fources surrounding the town, he had vanished into the darkness in search of this greater power, which he had learn was called the "Holy Stone."

As he searched for this stone, or something similar to it, Raphael kept his ears open to any information, but the local rustics were too busy with making ends meet to possibly concern themselves withe the sort of power he desired, and eventually he had washed his hands of them. He next tried approaching those who traveled from land to land, hoping for news form the outside. he had even questioned people like himself, those who had been chased from their towns and forced to live in the forest; feared and alienated for their inhuman knowledge (Paranormals). Their affinity for the dark would have made them even more susceptible to Soul Edge's effects ever the past few years; surely they must possess some useful information.

Here the shards of the cursed sword Raphael had been collecting proved helpful. Using the shards as bait, and resorting to force when necessary, he slowly closed in on those he sought, until at long last, he had found them: the descendants of an ancient tribe thought to have died out some time ago, who called themselves the "Guardians of the Spirit Sword." Ashamed that their existence had been forgotten by history, they lived meager lives even as they prayed for one day they could return to the outside world. However, they were at risk dying out, grand ideals and all; and as for the spirit sword, why, that had been lost to them long ago. They did, however, continue to be guardians of lore. They told Raphael all about Soul Calibur, the one weapon that could stand against the evil sword Soul Edge. This was the answer he was seeking!

A mad grin crossed his face then, and his sword flashed crimson. The guardians had no further reason to live;he would inherit the spirit sword's power in their place. And thus these people, how had lived in secret for so long, were relieved of their task. Raphael looked heavenward, up at the night sky and an eerily sanguine moon.

It was stunning. As Raphael savored this taste of bliss, countless lights darted across his vision. he followed their path until they vanished, and then he remembered what lay in that direction: Ostrheinsberg, where he had once confronted Soul Edge. He could sense evil from the lights weaving between the stars in the sky, and he knew exactly what it was. Soul Edge was reviving. If Soul Calibur was once again fated to stop it, then it would inevitably appear there.

Draped in moonlight, Raphael began to crackle, he would give Amy her perfect world, and none of the fools who flocked toward the sword would be able to stop him. Any star with the insolence to try to outshine the moon was fated to be extinguished!

Last edited by NallCalmer on Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:24 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Commander Dietz
Loyalist
Commander Dietz

Location : WORLD: TETRAM, CONTINENT: GELTON, COUNTRY: RITOS, CITY: BATTLEFIELD

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords   Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:07 pm

wow
Back to top Go down
http://battlefield.forummotion.com
NallCalmer
Guardian
NallCalmer

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords   Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:39 pm

The mind is its own place, and itself can make the Heaven of Hell, and Hell of Heaven"

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords 1250925142400
Sophitia Alexandra-

Chapter 6: A Mother's Desperate Determination to Protect

(time of the past)
Sophitia was a girl who worked at her family bakery in Athens. She had always treasured her country's culture. She often prayed to the guardian of her town, Pallas Athena, the goddess of wisdom.

One day, as she bathed in a forest spring, a bright light appeared and took the shape of a man. The man told her that he was the Olympian god Hephaestus, the god of smithery. He told her about Soul Edge, and how such
an evil blade would ruin his reputation (I'm serious) and that if anybody were to find it, it would bring a lot of pain to the world (too late). Hephaestus ordered her to come to the temple and receive a weapon, so that she could destroy the evil blade. She equipped herself and left on her journey.

(coming soon)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords   Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soul Calibur: A Tale of Souls and Swords
Page 1 of 1